Thursday, May 31, 2007

Free shtuff

So, I got some things in the mail this week. No candy, but I'm not going to turn away free books...



Ragamuffin by Tobias S. Buckell. I really enjoyed his debut novel, Crystal Rain, last year and am definitely looking forward to diving into this one. Just by the cover alone, I know it's going to be a fast-moving and fun.



Prime Codex edited by Lawrence M. Schoen and Michael Livingston. A reprint anthology, focusing on more upcoming writers than name brands. The TOC looks good, and there's even a story from one of the issues of Shimmer that I also appeared in. Hey, what, no love for the P-man?



Chrono Mechanics by Art Thibert. I got this for free from Dave Carter's FreeComicBookMonth contest that he ran all during May. Looks pretty interesting, and it's definitely off-the-wall which, not surprisingly, is perfect for my tastes.

No comments: