Thursday, May 24, 2007

Progress notes for May 24, 2007

LOST season finale? Some good stuff there, some really good stuff. I liked a lot of the little things more than the big explosions--though they were cool. For example, ***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*** when Sawyer shoots Mr. Friendly Tom straight in the chest without a minute's hesitation. Perfect. That conman has nothing to live for now that he's done what he's longed to do and it's all downhill for him. And Hurley saving the boys...hee...I have to admit I loved it. Granted, how one drives a van without any noise through a pathless jungle irks me, but what are you gonna do. The flashforward was cool. Jack crying? Notsomuch.

Anyways, the season started slow but these last few episodes have been simply fantastic. I hate the show. I love the show. I can't wait for the next season.

Barely any big amount of wordage today, but writing is writing. I'll take whatever words I can, you know. And this will probably be the last update until the holiday weekend tis over. Guess I'll just let the story continue to ferment for a bit.

"The Clouds are Calling"

New Words: 230
Total Words: 1,724
Pages: 4
Deadline: None
Reason for stopping: James has asked a question and now I must figure out the answer. Woo.
Stimulants: Green tea
Songs played loudly: "Card House Dreamer" by This Providence
Exercise: Does walking around Target for an hour count?
Mail: No mail, boo
Darling du Jour: N/A
Other writing-related work: Slushed
The Internet is full of Things: For those that grew up on 1980s and 1990s cartoons (meaning me, me, me), I give you Cracked's 15 (Painfully) Unforgettable Cartoon Theme Songs. Be prepared to have them in your head for a few hours. Gummi bears, bouncing here and there...

4 comments:

Neil Richard said...

All you have to do is say "Gummi Bears" and I start singing the song in my head. Tummy Gummy was probably my favorite.

Ahh, and the Duck Tales song. Makes me wish I could dive into my money. I don't even have that many pennies.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Saturday morning! But what about the snorkels, pound puppies, gem, rainbow brite, fraggle rock (okay - not a cartoon), the smurfs, and x-men. What?! No sexy Gambit to swoon over?

Anonymous said...

Thundercats is flat out wicked. How can they have that on their list for wanting to forget? I still catch myself walking around singing that song.

Oh, and while I know that The Transformers intro is not the best, the sheer awesomeness of the show bumps up this song to super-star status. Anything that The Transformers touch is pure energon.

Paul Abbamondi said...

TK: Ducktales is probably one of my favorites of the bunch.

Patrick: You do realize that for Thundercats, all they are doing is just repeating Thundercats over and over and over? :P

Bitsy: The X-men theme song had no words, but I can drum it out on my desk in no time. Mmm Gambit. Rainbow Brite and Pound Puppies are currently unavailable, as they are burning in a special level of TV Hell.