Friday, August 10, 2007

Latest acquisitions

Let's see, let's see...

Got Justina Robson's Selling Out, book two of her Quantum Gravity series, in the mail this week. Looks to be a strong continuation from that of Keeping It Real. In this one, Agent Lila Black has a new mission: seek out the truth of how Zal, the elvin/demonic rockstar, became kin to a race noted for its genocidal tendencies toward elves. He on the other hand has a much simpler task, which is to make it to his band's next gig. So long as Robson keeps up the odd-yet-oddly-compelling aspects that make these books so much fun (stereotypical fantasy races, music, cybernetics, and ghosts) this ride looks to be even more enjoyable than the first one.

Found the Fantasy anthology edited by Sean Wallace and Paul Tremblay in my local B&N. Containing stories from Sarah Monette, Cat Rambo, E. Sedia, and Jeremy Tolbert, it looks to be a solid "appetizer" to what can be found in Fantasy magazine.

And to further cement the fact that I'm way behind in the times I picked up a copy of Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. I only recently finished reading Jeff Smith's Bone (and that took me a year to get through), and now I've been wanting to discover more of the so-called classics. Plus, looks like a movie is in the works and I for one would love to be in the know when all that comes to. And it's about superheroes, right? Can't go wrong there, I say. Okay, feel free to throw rotten fruit any time you'd like...

No comments: