Thursday, August 09, 2007

A crappy review

Well, Rolling Stone just went to the bathroom on Colbie Caillat's debut album, Coco.

Yes, her music is sunny and safe, but at least it's her music. Not some manufactured sludge that's been pampered and prodded into the most radio-friendly, three and a half minutes of snappy pop-slop that everyone and their mother seems to be jiving to nowadays. She's honestly talented and doing her own thing, and for that (for that!) she is slammed. I guess to really be respected and/or make it you need to be able to get in and out of rehab on a weekly basis, be cruder than crude, and not sing well or sing at all.

Gah. Now I'm annoyed.

2 comments:

D said...

I listened to Colbie to and fro the beach today. It did remind me of sunshine and that's good. Her songs are sweet and sentimental - not stuff you hear all the time. Don't worry, Paul, her fans know her talent. -D

Paul Abbamondi said...

Okay, okay. I'm a lot more calm now. Yeah, Colbie's true fans will never leave her side. And I don't think there's anything wrong with a sunny CD (but there is something wrong with sunner naps)!