Friday, January 19, 2007

A new story in progress

I'm currently reworking a piece of flash fiction that I wrote a few months ago. I wrote it, submitted it once, and quickly forgot about it. Opening the file tonight, I was surprised to find some stuff in it that I really liked. Anyways, it was written in present tense (why, gods, why?), which I'm not happy with. So I'm changing tenses and trying to lengthen it to at least a decent short story.

So here's a current word count for all y'all:

"The Field Once Battled"

( ######======= )
869 / 2,000 : 43.5%

Why won't Blogger let me post a decent-looking Zokutou Word Meter? Snarls.

Hope to finish it up over the next few days. I'd love to finish a new story and start submitting it. It feels like all I've been doing lately is submitting all my old stories, which are beginning to either feel dated or just trunk-able to me. Oh well. Onwards...

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

I just love your journal comic! Hey, out of curiousity, how did you find my blog?

Paul Abbamondi said...

Why thank you!

I could be mistaken, but I thought you were going to be reviewing for FantasyBookSpot. I'm part of the team there. Damon probably gave me a link to your blog.