Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Forwarding review!


Check out my review for Fast Forward 1: Future Fiction from the Cutting Edge edited by Lou Anders here!

Taken from the FBS Quick Take:
Fast Forward I is a great anthology, filled with numerous and diverse stories and is bound to please any fan of science fiction.

And this bit of news has been all over the blogosphere today: HBO has acquired the rights to turn George R.R. Martin's bestselling fantasy series "A Song of Fire & Ice" into a dramatic series to be written and exec produced by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. This is pretty cool and might possibly be the only reason I'd ever order HBO for myself. The show is probably a long ways off (as is the rest of the series, which Martin hopes to finish by 2011) so no need to start planning out casting roles right now...but still...epic fantasy that might be done well. On television! Eee!

Of course, nothing will ever meet my own imagination for how I perceive Arya, Jon Snow, Theon, Davos, The Hound, and so on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize you live in North Jersey and they are called sprinkles right?

Paul Abbamondi said...

I realize it, oh yes, but my heart remains in South Jersey and I cannot--and will not--refer to them by anything other than jimmies. Sweet and glorious jimmies!