Thursday, January 11, 2007

Finished Inkspell



Well, I finished reading Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. Overall, it was decent but the whole time I was reading I kept thinking that there was just too many unneeded details and characters. The book was longer than it needed to be, and considering the sudden and incomplete ending, annoying in retrospect. There's some good bits, mainly involving Dustfinger and Farid, and a couple scenes that reminded me why I loved Inkheart so much. Though I liked the juxtaposition of everyone entering the book in Inkspell (instead of those living outside the book in Inkheart), I was just hoping for something more. But who am I kidding, I'll read the third book whenever it comes out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pellet looks so regal sitting by the computer. I miss Pellet. And his name is Pellet, as in a small, rounded, compressed mass of hamster FOOD (our namesakes favorite dish!).
'Nough said - out!