Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Top 5 Videogame Intros

Over at Games Radar there's a list of what that team deems to be the Top 7 Rockin' Intros. Meh, I only enjoyed a couple. Games.net responded with what they thought were three better videogame intros. I liked their list better, mostly because I have played all three games and remember watching those things a bunch of time. But for you, my adoring fans, I give you my Top 5 Videogame Intros...

5. Resident Evil



I knew it was bad when I watched it all those years ago, but that didn't matter. This game freaked me out and I refused to play it alone. Now it's so cheesy and far from being frightening. It's like a botched episode of Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi Channel. And did I just hear an elephant in the background? But I have wonderful memories from it and that's why it's on the list.

4. Jumping Flash! 2



Just watch it and absorb the awesomeness...

3. Tekken 3



This was one of my favorite fighting games. I pretty much mastered just about every character, and come on, that techno music is horribly catchy. I still never understood why all these people needed to fight, and despite the intro's attempt to clear that up, it's just more fun to not think and watch all the fun stunts.

2. Suikoden



While GamesRadar picked Suikoden III and Games.net went with Suikoden II, I prefer the original. Just hearing the game's music brings me back in time...truly, a classic.

1. Final Fantasy 7



This game took over my life. And the intro FMV flick literally brings you right into the action. I still have my copy somewhere around here, and one day I'll replay it. That is, of course, when I have another 70+ hours to spare. Sure, the graphics don't look as great as they did...wow, ten years ago...but still, it's all about atmosphere and setting the scene. My favorite.

And there you have it. Yes, I know they're all Playstation games...that's my BFF. Well, got me through high school at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not even have to look at your list to know what number one was going to be.

I agree with you...

I will have to watch the rest of them later. I have played most of those games, but it has been a while.