Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New acquisitions

Got some new books recently. Most of them are for my ever-growing collection of Le Guin books, which pleases me to no end.

Planet of Exile by Ursula K. Le Guin (1966)
The Compass Rose by Ursula K. Le Guin (1982)
Orsinian Tales by Ursula K. Le Guin (1975)
The Wind's Twelve Quarters by Ursula K. Le Guin (1975)
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams (1987)
Sword and Sorceress XIII edited by Marion Zimmer Bradley (1996)
Sword and Sorceress XVIII edited by Marion Zimmer Bradley (2001)

Le Guin is one of my favorite short story writers, and to have snatched up copies of The Compass Rose, Orsinian Tales, and The Wind's Twelve Quarters for less than $3.00 each is a sign of a damned good haul. For Adams' work, I've only read the first book in the Hitchhiker's Guide series and the second book in his Dirk Gently novels. I did, however, enjoy his hapless detective a bit more than the reluctant hero traipsing through space. And, deep down, I do enjoy a good sword-and-sorcery tale now and again.

At the moment, the only book I know I eventually need to buy is George R.R. Martin's A Feast for Crows. But that one can wait.

No comments: