Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pi time

Happy Pi Day, everyone!

Speaking of mathematical constants, here's a list of a number of things I need to do:

  • Review Robotika by Alex Sheikman and Joel Jason O'Chua, which should be up in a few days or so.
  • Read and review Dreadful Skin by Cherie Priest.
  • Read and review Brasyl by Ian McDonald.
  • Er, try and do a Greenhorn comic to make up for the one I didn't do this week. Maybe. We'll see.
  • Finish a story (either "The Morning Gift" or "The Lady of Jeweled Dreams") to submit to the MZB's Sword and Sorceress 22 anthology.
  • Work on rewrite of "The Farrah Job."
  • Hey, how about I not waste all my time playing Rogue Galaxy and trying to make every stupid sword from every stupid item I find? Hey, how about that? Huh?
  • Continue work on shh secret project.
  • I've run out of coffee creamer. ::cries like a loon::
  • Gawd, I'm no longer even listing things to do here, just complaining off the cuff.
  • What's with the weather lately?
  • I want a kitty cat.
In other news, got a 16-day "after careful consideration, we have decided not to accept..." from The Town Drunk. Bah! This story keeps getting close at every place I send it. Either that means it has a chance elsewhere or I need to sit down with it and re-read the sucker. I'll try one more place for now. I'm a masochist, I guess.

Ack, LOST is on!

6 comments:

Scott M. Sandridge said...

Whoa! And here I thought I was busy!

Paul Abbamondi said...

Heh, yeah I tend to, uh, keep myself busy. :P

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who makes lists.

Paul Abbamondi said...

They keep my sanity in check, Patrick. I'm assuming they do the same for you?

Anonymous said...

Actually, that is correct, Paul. I always have this dreadful feeling that I am forgetting something, which normally is true. The creation of lists keep me on track and allow me to not forget things.

Well, I have gotten comments in the past about how I am self-centered and I only worry about things if I gain something from it, which I have to say, and others I have talked to about it agree, is completely incorrect. Simply put, I forget about it an hour or so later because my minds(Yes, that is right; I have three) jumps from one project to another on a consistent basis. I really think I may have that one problem where I focus on something until it bores me then I move on. What is that called again? Ah, oh well, is that snow storm hitting you guys today?

Paul Abbamondi said...

Yeah, I worry about forgetting things too. But what is weird is that I generally don't remember to cross things off my list after making it. Strange.

Yeah, we got some snow here in northern New Jersey. Not enough to do too much damage. Just enough to piss me off.