Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fastest acceptance ever


Well, I heard back from Shane Jiraiya Cummings this morning: he's accepted one of my five drabbles, "Something," for publication in the Black Box e-anthology. Very cool, and it looks like I'm in excellent company so far. Lucy Sussex, Amanda M Hayes, and Jason Sizemore, among others. I wonder if I can find a market for the other four drabbles...

Now I can get back to the other two short stories that are having me consider my sanity on an hourly basis. One is a rewrite that seems to need to be submitted by April 1, and the other is for a submission period that opens on March 23. No rush on the second one but I'm trying to balance my writing time between them both and it's starting to make my left twitch. See? Being a writer has its perks! Oh wait...nevermind.

Children of Men comes out on DVD next week. Since I missed it in the theatres, this is one I'm definitely going to be picking up. Blade Runner-esque + Clive Owen + Michael "I Can Do No Wrong" Caine = happiness/life/fill in your own term of bliss. Remember, kids, don't buy Eragon! Buy good DVDs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good DVD is The Transformers: The Movie. If you do not already have it, get it; it will change your life.

Paul Abbamondi said...

Oh, nope, don't have it. Change my life, eh? Sounds worthy of my time then. :)

Anonymous said...

C'mon, Paul. I expected someone of your unimaginable coolness to already have this not only watched, but have most of the lines memorized.

But seriously, it is like $7.59 at Wal-Mart. I am sure you can rent it somewhere or find it even cheaper on line. Though, be careful, they released the 20th Anniversary edition recently, which is like $20+.