Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Some changes, perhaps

In comparison to the thousands of other bloggers out in the e-world, I'm pretty terrible. I post sparingly, and generally it is just a long review that I'm mostly positive no more than three people read. And what's worse, I put a lot of time into them, really try and think about what I've read, and then worry what others will do to my feeble thoughts. Why? It doesn't matter, really.

With that said, I'm cutting back on reviews. I will continue with my gig at The Fix Online, but other than that I won't be taking on any more assigned (er, meaning promised) reviews. Just not worth the time and effort in the long run. Of course, I'll comment on stuff I'm reading when I can, but if it isn't some huge dive into the meaning of life and so forth then no biggie.

So, about being a bad blogger. I'd like to change that, post more interesting things, get a wee bit more personal, but there's a problem: I've already separated my personal life from Wistful Writings with my daily journal comic at MyLifeComics. I mean, I save most of the things that happen for over there, leaving this place to be the hot-spot for any and all things pertaining to my writings. Hah, I said hot-spot. As if.

But I'd like to talk more about things here. About music, about animals, about videogames, about food, about anything I feel like I want to.

I'm in a weird mood tonight. Might be the fact that I'm working on a short story about civilized cannibals (aren't they all?) and kidnapped little girl. Odd, creepy stuff. You know, my usual shtick.

Also, song lyrics will re-enter my life, just because...

You're the echoes of my everything,
You're the emptiness the whole world sings at night.
You're the laziness of afternoon,
You're the reason why I burst and why I bloom
You're the leaky sink of sentiment,
You're the failed attempts I never could forget.
You're the metaphors I can't create to comprehend this curse that I call love..
How will I break the news to you?

- "Hold Me Down" by Motion City Soundtrack

3 comments:

Jules said...

All is good in the world! Whatever you blog, I will read - tho I want your opinion on the Michelle Sagara book. I am reading Scar Night. After a few chapters of ambivilence (sp?), I am sort of invested in the characters now.
I went and got my tattoo worked on. Only 3 hours of needlework this time. Owie ow ow! I got stung by bees!

Neil Richard said...

Whatever you post, fear not, I'm one of the faithful three that will always read. Just not always comment. Does that make me a bad blog reader? Or a bad commenter.

Paul Abbamondi said...

Jules: I'm about midway through Cast in Courtlight and liking it very much. Action-packed, it reminds me a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for some reason. Scar Night gets more interesting once all the set-up is taken care of...

TK: Nah, it's not a comment thing. Though comments are nice! I mean, I can see the stats and know what is and what isn't being read. So I want to change that.