Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Latest purchases

While home over the Thanksgiving weekend, I went to the local library to check out their book sale. Here's what I got for a grand $0.75, which, truthfully, came from the cup holder in my mother's car. Yes, I'm that poor, people...
  • Misery by Stephen King
  • Momo by Michael Ende
  • Carson of Venus (Pirates of Venus/Lost on Venus) by Edgar Rice Burroughs
I'm mostly interested in seeing how Momo compares to the Neverending Story, if it can at all.

4 comments:

Daniel Ausema said...

I'll be interested to hear what you think about Momo--I've read Neverending Story, but nothing else by him, but apparently our local library has a copy, so I've added it to my list for when I get back in January.

Paul Abbamondi said...

It's not a very big book and I'll probably get to it sooner than later. The book doesn't seem to be as accessible you younger readers like Neverending Story was. We'll see...

Anonymous said...

I like the blog and couldn't resist commenting on your purchase of Carson of Venus. I cut my teeth on Burroughs. Have you read At the Earth's Core? That book kicks ass. Another ass kicking science fantasy book... Almuric.

Paul Abbamondi said...

Thanks, Adam! Haven't read anything else by Burroughs. This'll be my first plunge into the material.