Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Glen Angus, RIP

I just read the news that Glen Angus, an amazing artist, died suddenly on July 19 from apparent complications due to an aneurysm. I've always admired his work, and will continue to do so, and it is just very sad to see such a great talent gone from the field. He recently worked very hard to get his autistic son the proper and more timely care he needs.

By far, my most favorite piece he created was his Filling Valhalla A-Z poster. Marvelously detailed. I now realize that he also drew many of my favorite playing cards from Magic: The Gathering. I'm sure I'll notice more of his work now that it is too late to tell him how great they are. My thoughts are with Glen and his family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize it has been many years but I am just seeing this now as I was checking out some of his art again.
Glen and I took illustration classes together. I remember in fun we would hide and then hit each other with our finished illustration boards exclaiming “BAAM!”
He was an amazing talent and it is sudden unfair losses like this that confuse me as to what the point in life’s journey.
I just don’t understand sometimes.
R.I.P Glen.