Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tis official


The big news of the day:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be officially out on July 21, 2007 at 12:01 a.m., making the book's debut a couple weeks after the release of the fifth film in the series. I was pretty much surprised to hear this, and considering we only just learned of the title a short whiles back I wasn't expecting to learn anything else for some time. Actually, I wasn't even expecting the book to be out this year. I guess I was under the suspicion that Rowling was still writing it, but I guess she's closer to done than we all thought. I just hope the final product wasn't rushed simply to align itself with better marketing opportunities. And pretty soon the movies are all we're going to have to look forward to...

I also hope that Rowling doesn't give Hagrid the axe, but that's a whole different sort of post that I'll save for later. The Keeper of the Keys and Grounds is my hero!

No comments: