Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Publication death

Just got word that I'm no longer reviewing Holly Messinger's End of the Line because, unfortunately, Eggplant Productions has gone under. Shame, as it seems like an interesting story published by a, what I thought to be, moving-forward publisher. Oh well...

In other good news, I'll be reviewing Shimmer, Amazing Journeys, and The Sword Review! Man is that a lot to read, but that matters not. For I live to read!

And now, a confession. I've hitched on to the band wagon about three years late and am madly in love with China Mieville's work. So far The Scar has been the most brilliant piece of literature I have ever read in my entire life. Now that may seem like a bold statement, when in actuality, this is a bold statement:

So far The Scar has been the most brilliant piece of literature I have ever read in my entire life.

As soon as I get some holiday cash, I'm going out and buying the rest of his books. Why did it take me so long to read him? Huh? I have no idea. I must have been in a hole in the ground or underneath a pile of rubble.

Writing news: 4-day rejection from Shimmer on "When It Burns, It Burns Like a Star". I've decided to put the story up on Critters to see what help they can offer me. I believe it to have potential somewhere, sometime.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Mieville kicks ass - it is known.

Paul Abbamondi said...

Thanks Jay! What should I read next...Perdido Street Station or Iron Council?

Jay said...

In a perfect world one would have read 'Perdido Street Station' first. That said, it is not necessary to read it before 'The Scar', merely ideal.

'Iron Council', again although not requiring to read either prior work, reads better if you read 'PSS' and 'The Scar' before hand (regardless of what order).