Friday, December 23, 2005

Early X-mas gift!

Tobias S. Buckell is sending me an ARC of his debut book, Crystal Rain. The final copy won't be out until February so I'm quite excited to read it. There's been a lot of talk going around the Interwebs about him and his debut.

Here's a blurb of what the story's about to tide you over:

In this much-anticipated debut novel, the only hope for a planet's delivery from the fearsome Azteca lies in a mythical artifact, the "Ma Wi Jung," said to be hidden somewhere in the frozen north.

1 comment:

Douglas Hoffman said...

Hi Paul. Long time no see . . .

I wish I had more time to read. I guess I should make time for it, but between family, work, and other writing responsibilities, reading gets relegated to a half an hour before bedtime, and I'm not a fast reader.

Re China Mieville: I own two of his books, and I've dented both. Very rich prose, but in each case I left the book for another because he simply hadn't hooked me. Guess I'm shallow -- quality writing isn't enough for me.