Here it is then:
- Sarah Monette's Mélusine
- Cory Doctorow's Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
- John Scalzi's Old Man's War
- E. Sedia's According to Crow
- Nick Mamatas's Move Under Ground
- Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora
Now the only problem is where to find both the money and time to devote to these books while still having a huge stack of (mostly free) novels to occupy my mind for several months. Ugh. I'd like to think that I read pretty fast, but sometimes, like lately with anything by China Miéville, I like to take my time and relish in the words, plot, and characters.