Thursday, January 03, 2008

Rejectomancy shtuff

20-day rejection from Fantasy Magazine that reads, "No on this one, I'm afraid. For me the most effective part of the story were the roommates - they managed to be funny and weird and interesting in a really nice way."

I think tonight I'll take some time to send out the stories that have come back to me or the ones that are just sitting around collecting dust because I'm too hard on myself and reject my own work before they can even go out the door. That's a no-no. Must stop, must stop.

2 comments:

1979 semi-finalist said...

gosh, i couldn't hear you more on the whole, rejecting things before i even get rejected. i have dozens of stories that are maybe horrible and maybe great, but may also never see the light of day because i judge them so constantly. got to get out of this habit. you and i should do some kind of blood oath or something...

Paul Abbamondi said...

It's so easy to say "Nah, they wouldn't buy this piece" but really...how can I know that? Gotta keep submitting, gotta keep trying. I'm down with a blood oath, but no sacrifices of puppies!!