Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Beginning of a Blog

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

As I begin my hopeful career into the publication world, I've seen it wise to have a place where I can direct readers to things that I've done and to places I find important in any writer's career.

To start this blog off, I've compiled a short list of really great writing sites:
  • Science fiction author Jeffrey A. Carver has put together a helpful how-to-write-and-stay-focused website here.
  • A host of articles dealing with manuscript preparation, self-critiquing, basic mistakes in writing, and much more can be found here.
  • The Bible of writing ethics and technique, The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr., is available online completely free here.
  • While not completely up-to-date on the current market scene, a slew of interesting articles dealing with the writing process can be found on The Market List's website here.

This blog will be home to a variety of other mediums and topics so I hope you check back in frequently to see what I've done with the place.

Happy reading!

No comments: